Re: [opensuse] KDE for SLED?
On Fri, Nov 07, 2014 at 01:55:01PM +0100, Carlos E. R. wrote:
On 2014-11-07 12:43, Stanislav Baiduzhyi wrote:

So, from my ignorant point of view it always seemed like KDE is the
strongest point of SUSE amongst all linux distributions. And then
suddenly I discover that SLED offers gnome instead.

Actually, the strong point of openSUSE is that it tries to be desktop
agnostic, and there is no desktop default. This was the result of a
peace truce after a war ;-)

I suppose that SLED offers gnome as default, but also provides KDE. I
can't verify this. Why gnome? Because that is what their clients
prefer, I expect. It was so with gnome 2, at least. One of the main
reasons was that gnome is _less_ customizable, thus workers just work
instead of play with KDE >:-P

No, SLED 12 does not offer KDE.

We are working on a seperate channel that is community driven which would
be able to offer KDE (or SLE12 users could install KDE from the OBS).

Ciao, Marcus