Re: [opensuse] 13.2 Upgrade issue
On 11/06/2014 12:30 PM, ellanios82 wrote:
On 11/06/2014 02:37 PM, Marco Calistri wrote:
I then used an older DVD of openSUSE to boot my system and login into
13.2

- please, kindly explain details : how you achieved this ?

That could be one of two things.
The DVD has a 'boot from hard disk' option that seems to get around
problems I've had with the BIOS ---> Grub functioning.

The other is that you can boot in maintenance mode, mount the hard
drive, Chroot to the mount and log in there. I've used this to repair
(including fsck on ROOT) the /boot, grub and files in /etc on the hard
drive quite a number of times using a variety of file systems under a
variety of versions of Suse and Linux.

It has nothing what so ever to do with systed vs sysvinit, with BrtFs vs
ext4, or with IDE vs SATA.

It is one area where the meaningful nameing of devices (/dev/disk/by-*)
has provem more useful than the anonymous and unhelpful /dev/sd*.