Re: [opensuse] bug 885655 - can someone with the right permissions please summarize it?
On 11/05/2014 07:58 AM, Bernhard Voelker wrote:
On 11/05/2014 01:54 PM, Anton Aylward wrote:
All the mis-spelling of zypper make me think of a mis-spelling of "Yast"
In fact a V is very like a Y, isn't it?

Well, the y <-> z typo can come from typing on a keyboard with
an unknown keyboard layouts (QWERTY vs. QWERTZ), while a V is
just looking similar.

Have a nice day,
Berny

The original post was about
adding 'yzpper' as a symlink to 'zypper'.
That's a common type of type, letter inversion, like typing "hte" for "the".

Andrei added the "zast" vs "yast" item., so I see your point, but on the
phone the X Y and Z are all on the 9 key. I'm glad late model phones
have more screen real estate and properly laid out keyboards, even if a
bit cramped. I hated sending SMS from the old phones!
Heck, low pixel count or reading without my glasses, the V and the Y do
look similar.