Re: [opensuse] Btrfs.. Whats the difference
On 11/04/2014 10:19 PM, Timothy Butterworth wrote:
I did the installation as you described. Eventually the /home partition
corrupted irretrievably. Its not a conventional reiserFS restored from
a backup.
I'm glad I stayed with EXT4 for all partitions except /boot/efi with
is FAT of course.

Sorry, my typo. That "now a ReiserFS".
I've found ReiserFS to be rock solid, incorruptible and have none of the
problems I've encountered with the extN series.

I tried ext4 in 12.2 and 12.3 and ran into its limits almost
immediately. . Totally unnecessary.

The greatest advantage for me of the B-tree type file systems is that
they don't have the idiocy that the extN series inherited from PDP-11/V6
UNIX of having a fixed division between the # of inodes and the amount
of data space set at mkfs time. Stupid then, stupid now. Totally
unnecessary.
If ext4 has a b-tree internal structure then why can't it adopt the
mechanism that the other b-tree file systems (XFS, ReiserFS, BtrFS) of
dynamically allocating inodes? Stupid.