No 32-bit phase-out (was Re: [opensuse] 13.2)
On 11/03/2014 02:28 PM, Greg Freemyer wrote:
Other than one or two voices I haven't seen much support for 32-bit
phase-out in openSUSE.

When it is seriously broached as a topic I'm sure there will be lots
of discussion.

For now I think it is just borrowing trouble to get concerned about it.

Greg

Unless there is some technical chasm that makes it impossible to compile/prepare/release a 32-bit version, there SHALL be a 32-bit release. There is far too much hardware out there that, for the next decade, will continue to operate, it would be grossly negligent not to provide a 32-bit release.

Eventually, yes, now, no.

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.