Re: [opensuse] error finding this file ?
On 11/02/2014 12:10 AM, William Biggs wrote:
I running 13.2 64bit with kde installed . I have some software when I
try to run I get this error error while loading shared libraries:
libSM.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

On my system

find /usr -name libSM*
/usr/lib/libSM.so.6
/usr/lib/libSM.so.6.0.1
/usr/lib64/libSM.so.6
/usr/lib64/libSM.so.6.0.1

So its about 32 bit or 64 bit.

What is the program you are trying to run?
if libSM was a dependency then it should have been installed.

Where does that come from?

rpm -fq /usr/lib/libSM.so.6
libSM6-32bit-1.2.2-19.1.x86_64
rpm -fq /usr/lib64/libSM.so.6
libSM6-1.2.2-19.1.x86_64

But the issue remains, how come tjat wasn't loaded as a dependency for
your program? The only things I can think of is that you have loaded a
program outside of zypper/Yast or that in loading a program with
zypper/yast you over-rode the dependency and told it not to load something.

Which case was it?

The former is going to bring additional problems and the latter is a bad
practice.

--
/"\
\ / ASCII Ribbon Campaign