We actually just migrated a server over from BSD to Debian. UFS2 is
slow and performs poorly not to mention that it's easy to lose data if
you have a power outage, and ZFS was overkill for our purposes and
used too much CPU time. There is no inbetween alternative, and
actually Pottering talked about how BSD can panic just by jiggling a
USB cable; not sure if that's fixed or not. BSD seems kind of like a
dying OS to me. I see no point in using it whatsoever.