  • From: Dirk Gently <dirk.gently00@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2014 18:37:52 -0400
Ruben Safir wrote:
At least it's served to cut the verbosity.

NMo, it amounts to emotional blackmail by someone who starves for
attention. It's like being in a bad marraige and after arguing
for 2 months over something vital, you finally throw up your arms and
say, fuck this, you are insane about this and I'm not arguing any more.
You walk out of the kitchen into the livingroom and your partner
***follows you*** into the other room and shouts "Oh Yeah!!, well I'm
not done yet and I have something to tell you!"

Hah

well... This is not news on mailing lists, and certainly is not news
for the free software community. Once someone brands himself as a
leftest radical, promotes his love of systemd based on those abussive
positions, and pats himself on the back, then there is no reson to
continue to talk to him. No amount of "This sucks because it
centralizes everything, forces reeducation of every core linux system,
and breaks nearly 15 years of personal labor and the combined efforts of
thousands of individual coders over the last 30 yearsi etc etc" is going to
matter to this bastard. He doesn't give a shit. And neither do the
people who implimented this. They don't care about the things you
value. They have their own agenda. Their agenda is to have a single
wrapper on the OS with a single large code base that is difficult to
maintain but which serves to control future development and use. You
can slap a GPL3 on this and it just doesn't matter.

Only 15 years? Try 40.

This is too large of a price to pay for not having to chmod a/dev/
driver, to avoid lsmod and doing an su to mount device, alli of which, I'm
not certain was a good die a to change in the first place. How secure
can something be if it creates its own device just because someone pops
something into the damn usb port?