On 09/28/2014 03:47 PM, Felix Miata wrote:
>This all reminds me of the old quote, "No man's life, liberty or property
>are safe while the Legislature is in session." Most times the best course
>to take is to do nothing.
Those of us who objected, or were unaware, when the decision was made to
adopt systemd, did too little to stop the decision from being made. The power
to overcome resistance to change was stronger.

This is the problem, isn't it? The activists get their way because they
are persistent, mission-driven, and maybe conflicted by outside interests
and thus have goals outside of the best interests of the rest of us.
They have the patience to eke out many little compromises that, when
taken in aggregate later on, achieve their original goal. Meanwhile,
the rest of society is just too busy getting along to notice the mess
until it's too late. Things will eventually sort out, but after how much
pain?

Regards,
Lew