On 09/28/2014 01:42 PM, Felix Miata wrote:
Lew Wolfgang wrote on 2014-09-28 13:00 (UTC-0700):

When will the systemd proponents address the concerns that they are
ignoring most, if not all, of the basic UNIX/Linux tenets?
Apparently you missed it, e.g.:
http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/systemd-devel/2014-September/023294.html

Well, yes, I did miss that, but it tells me nothing anyway.

For example, in answer to the question if they ever wondered, "why all the
resistance and polarity", he says:

"The answer to that question is yes, yes we have and yes we will continue
to do so since resistance and polarity provides with the valuable
information amongst other things if the implementation is bad and
alternative approach is better ( which often reveals itself at the same
time those friction take place )." (sic)

He also says in regard to comments about integration with the Linux
kernel, "...we dont care about their opinion on this matter."

He also says about the opposition, "We welcome and embrace them and
hope they evolve to the point they become competing solution..." What
other large monolithic company uses the phrase "embrace"?

He then cites a list of Linux guidelines and asks where systemd is falling
short, where it's obvious that it fails most of them.

This all reminds me of the old quote, "No man's life, liberty or property
are safe while the Legislature is in session." Most times the best course
to take is to do nothing. I still don't know why systemd is needed. What
was so badly broken that we need, basically, a new operating system? I
said it before, when something doesn't make sense, follow the money...

Regards,
Lew