Re: [opensuse] oS 12.3 x86_64 Chromium update error
On Fri, 26 Sep 2014 22:17:50 -0400
Patrick Shanahan wrote:

* Patrick Shanahan <paka@xxxxxxxxxxxx> [09-26-14 22:05]:
* Carl Hartung <opensuse@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> [09-26-14 21:44]:
On Fri, 26 Sep 2014 21:20:08 -0400
Carl Hartung wrote:
[...]
More info after reinstalling w/ rpm:

carlh:~/> chromium
[7257:7257:0926/213904:FATAL:setuid_sandbox_client.cc(282)] The
SUID sandbox helper binary was found, but is not configured
correctly. Rather than run without sandboxing I'm aborting now.
You need to make sure that /usr/lib64/chromium/chrome-sandbox is
owned by root and has mode 4755.
Aborted

I have:
l /usr/lib64/chromium/chrome-sandbox

lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 24 Sep 23 11:43
/usr/lib64/chromium/chrome-sandbox -> ../../lib/chrome_sandbox*

I believe 4755 would be -rwsr-xr-x

Your's failing and my succeeding I would not think indicates a
packaging error, but perhaps changing your perms will allow
install. It would really be simple to try:
chmod 777 /usr/lib64/chromium/chrome-sandbox

then try the update and see if the script still fails.

the chmod is incorrect, it should be as the error reported, I
imagine. I don't know why my link has the incorrect mode but it does
work and I didn't change it, ever. /usr/lib/chrome_sandbox which the
link points is indeed 4755.

Someone with a better understanding the me will have to advise

Thanks again for the feedback, Patrick. We were thinking along the same
lines. I ultimately ran chmod 4755 on /usr/lib/chrome_sandbox and
chromium launches ... it complains about not being able to connect to
kwallet, though.