Re: [opensuse] LTS [WAS: City of Munich]
On 2014-09-25 02:26, John Andersen wrote:
On 9/24/2014 3:56 PM, Carlos E. R. wrote:

Linux by itself provides so much protection from exploits and malware
that you probably CAN run old systems with naive users. One
sysadmin can keep a whole herd of sheep fairly well guarded.

Maybe. Probably.

But if I'm the person in charge of a bunch of computers in a
organization, like a city, and something does happen, that somebody can
blame on the software not being updated, it is my arse which would be burnt.

If the machines are updated, or if I'm mandated not to update, then it
is somebody else's arse.

Simple as that.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
(from 13.1 x86_64 "Bottle" at Telcontar)