В Wed, 24 Sep 2014 13:25:00 -0400
Dirk Gently <dirk.gently00@xxxxxxxxx> пишет:

Andrei Borzenkov wrote:
On Wed, Sep 24, 2014 at 3:12 PM, Carlos E. R. <carlos.e.r@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

On 2014-09-24 09:00, Andrei Borzenkov wrote:

to be replaced.... thereby causing an IMMEDIATE NEED FOR A
REBOOT.

Really? I restart systemd routinely. I did not need to reboot. What
am I doing wrong?

It is not widely known how... This moment, I don't remember. Last time
I saw systemd in the output of "zypper ps", I rebooted, didn't know
what else to do.

systemctl daemon-reexec

Eric S. Raymond makes a good point that whatever your process 1 is,
it should NEVER NEED TO BE RESTARTED, and it should be SO SIMPLE
THAT IT NEVER NEEDS TO BE REPLACED.

This is one of MANY fundamental principles which SystemD violates,

/sbin/init is restarted during some RPM updates. On sysvinit systems.

because, frankly, Sievert and Poettering are a couple of Narcisstic jerks.