Andrei Borzenkov wrote:
On Wed, Sep 24, 2014 at 3:12 PM, Carlos E. R. <carlos.e.r@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 2014-09-24 09:00, Andrei Borzenkov wrote:

to be replaced.... thereby causing an IMMEDIATE NEED FOR A
REBOOT.

Really? I restart systemd routinely. I did not need to reboot. What
am I doing wrong?

It is not widely known how... This moment, I don't remember. Last time
I saw systemd in the output of "zypper ps", I rebooted, didn't know
what else to do.

systemctl daemon-reexec

Eric S. Raymond makes a good point that whatever your process 1 is,
it should NEVER NEED TO BE RESTARTED, and it should be SO SIMPLE
THAT IT NEVER NEEDS TO BE REPLACED.

This is one of MANY fundamental principles which SystemD violates,
because, frankly, Sievert and Poettering are a couple of Narcisstic jerks.