Re: [opensuse] Interpretation please **THANKS TO ALL**
On 19/09/14 21:01, Carlos E. R. wrote:
On 2014-09-19 11:19, Basil Chupin wrote:
On 12/09/14 12:17, Carlos E. R. wrote:

Both HDDs show that each was started twice - once at the factory I would
assume and then when I started them for the above test.

This indicates to me that these figures for Seagates - as I think it was
you who suggested this - is normal.
Indeed. Yes, and yes :-)

However, I will send to Seagate the smartctl tests for the HDDs re which
I started this thread to ask them what Seagate think of the figures.
If they answer at all, I mean a human response, not a robot or a flower
pot, it would be very interesting to learn about it ;-)

I received the response from Seagate Support last night and it was that there does not appear to have anything to worry about.

But they also suggested that I download the latest SeaTools - which I did - and run tests against each of the HDDs just to confirm S.M.A.R.T.'s results. I haven't done this yet.

BC

--
Using openSUSE 13.1, KDE 4.14.1 & kernel 3.16.3-1 on a system with-
AMD FX 8-core 3.6/4.2GHz processor