Re: [opensuse] Re: [opensuse-factory] problem after 'zypper dup'
On 2014-09-22 13:56, Luuk wrote:
On 22-9-2014 13:04, Carlos E. R. wrote:

There is something wrong with how you did the command, because despite
the "egrep -v" above, I see many entries related to 13.1 (1981 lines).
Probably you mistyped.

the 'tee rpmlist' is *before* the 'egrep -v "openSUSE.13\.1"

Oops :-)

Ok, lets see first if you have package locks. Run "zypper locks", and if
you see any, run "zypper removelock" and "zypper cleanlocks".

It is the file "/etc/zypp/locks".

there are not locks..

Oh.

Try first:

zypper list-updates -a

Oops!

I should have said:

zypper list-updates -a zypper

http://pastebin.com/TGnFcQQ5

Yes, I see it suggests an update to zypper.

Manually will, of course, break dependency's with 'libzypp' (and other
packeges) too....

Yes, but you can do "rpm --upgrade zypper-FULLNAME.rpm
libzyppzypper-FULLNAME.rpm" in the same line till rpm stops complaining.
The command does not run till all deps are satisfied.

It is a nuisance, because you download a package, try, it complains
about a failed dep, you locate the appropriate package, download it,
then try again... several cycles.

That's why zypper/yast/apper are so nice: they do use "rpm" for the
actual installation, but they solve all the dependencies for you. But
when they fail, you have to resort to the underlying "motor".

I'll think i will do a complete re-install,

Not yet, please!

And I see you found a possible culprit in your old dvd.

Thanks for your time, and input.....

Welcome.
Upgrades are a pet subject of me.
But I use the "offline method" myself.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
(from 13.1 x86_64 "Bottle" at Telcontar)