Re: [opensuse] disk cache

On September 22, 2014 2:31:55 AM EDT, Roger Oberholtzer
<roger.oberholtzer@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
A year or so ago I started a discussion about a problem I had with the
disk cache getting full, and then there being long delays when it was
emptied. The solution at that time (openSUSE 12.1) was to periodically
run:

echo 1 > /proc/sys/vm/drop_caches

At the time, this solved everything. For some reason I cannot
understand, I think this problem has returned. The cache seems to be
filling up - but the command above does not help.

I looked through the archives but could not find the message from the
person who suggested an X app that monitored the various cache. I
found this tool very useful at the time. But I have since forgotten
it. I usually record this kind of information, but not that time.
Anyone recall the name of the tool?

Roger,

Here's the thread from last year.

http://opensuse.markmail.org/thread/try3zux24jzzcj2a

The others that want to understand your use case should read it. I recall it
as an interesting thread.

Fyi: I love the markmail search site. Opensuse.markmail.org has the last
couple years of opensuse emails in it for a lot of the main mailing lists.

I assume you figure out a way to search just that thread, but I'm not sure.

Greg