Re: [opensuse] linux native photo processing, was: Display of raw files in Gwenview
On Sun, Sep 21, 2014 at 02:57:40PM -0400, Patrick Shanahan wrote:
* John M Andersen <jsamyth@xxxxxxxxx> [09-21-14 14:31]:
[..]
I've always thought that Darktable was in a competition with Gimp to see
who
could come up with the LEAST intuitive interface. The Principal of Least
Astonishment apparently never crossed their mind.

Cannot argue, but remember that it is gtk and not qt, so kde users
expectations would appear skewed :^)

It is like many aps with many operations, complicated, and once you become
acclimatized you don't think about it. I found bibble/aftershock also
difficult ... Try fotoxx :^)

The cream is in the pudding, results attainable via darktable are amazing
and very comparable to high $$$ items for proprietary systems.

I thought the darktable UI is based on the Adobe Lightroom UI... which
in the circle of photographers I know here locally is the app everyone uses.

Ciao, Marcus