Re: [opensuse] Display of raw files in Gwenview

Am 21.09.2014 um 16:52 schrieb Anton Aylward:
On 09/21/2014 09:54 AM, A. den Oudsten wrote:
In a earlier version of Gwenview my raw files were not displayed, so I
could display the .jpg files only.
Is it possible to organise that in the new version?

Maybe its camera specific or maybe its that I have libgphoto2 installed,
but I can view my raw (*.raf) files with gwenview OK.

I am not sure, but I believe that programs that do not explicitely process raw files just show the embedded jpeg, if possible. My dolphin can do that with Canon CR2-files, but not with Sony ARW...

Digikam can truly open and display raw files, using the embedded jpeg as thumbnail (as much as I know).

However I personally havn't found a really satisfying raw processing solution on Linux (I confess, it's a while since I tested....), so I still use manufacturers programs or a commercial one in virtualbox/w.

google+: https://plus.google.com/109534388657020287386