Re: [opensuse] Something changed some KDE items which were previously displayed
On 19/09/14 22:04, Patrick Shanahan wrote:
On 19/09/14 13:13, Patrick Shanahan wrote:
[...]
http://susepaste.org/77921535
odd, I cannot remember from 11.3 on, ever seeing "System Settings", always
"Configure Desktop".
What you have as "Configure Desktop" turns up when a new version of
oS is being developed but gets replaced by "System Settings" very
close to its release date. It seems that whatever goes into the first
lots of Milestones are based on a template containing this "Configure
Desktop" wording.
And I have four local systems all with "Configure Desktop".

It may really be the CIA.
I am going to have a guess here- you either don't install from
'scratch' when a new version comes out and simply do a 'dup'; or you
always use the same '/home' from version to version. (But then,
aren't you a 'Tumbleweed Man'?)

Which is it? :-)
All system *were* install from scratch but memory fails as to when. And
as I recall, in opensuse-factory Tumbleweed was declared soon to be
dropped. I am happily running Factory on all fronts but my server.

Thanks for that, Patrick, but you missed answering THE Question of the Month: do you carry-over your /home directory from version to version, or do you copy over to the new /home only such folders like .mozilla, .thunderbird, Downloads, Documents, etc? :-)

BC

--
Using openSUSE 13.1, KDE 4.14.1 & kernel 3.16.3-1 on a system with-
AMD FX 8-core 3.6/4.2GHz processor