Re: [opensuse] Something changed some KDE items which were previously displayed - *UPDATE*
On 09/19/2014 03:59 AM, Basil Chupin wrote:
On 18/09/14 17:03, Basil Chupin wrote:
On 17/09/14 16:36, John M Andersen wrote:
On 9/16/2014 11:16 PM, Basil Chupin wrote:
On 17/09/14 15:37, John Andersen wrote:
On 9/16/2014 10:26 PM, Basil Chupin wrote:
f something in the System Settings got corrupted I cannot check
because I do not have the System Settings
Alt-F2
type systemsettings
hit enter

Is something supposed to happen? All I get is a text file with
headings-

[Applications]

[Favorites]

[KRunner]

[Krunner] [PlasmaRunnerManager]

[RecentlyUsed]

with a list of items under each heading.

BC

You are supposed to see the systems settings screen, the same way you
would it that option appeared
on your menu.
Almost all parts of KDE can be launched by commend line, which is
what systemsettings is supposed to do.

Last evening, some 20 hours ago, I did the 'zypper.....' act. There
were quite a number of updates to files.

After I rebooted the system...... the menu to SHUT DOWN, RESTART, LOCK
SCREEN reappeared - and all these options worked! Even Dolphin's
feature of CONVERTing graphic files (eg, from *.png to *.jpg) was back!

However, there still is no SYSTEM SETTINGS in the Kickoff menu.

BUT there is now another unwanted consequence: the little menu which
appears in every running application on the top RH to
Minimise/Maximise/Close (the v/^/x ) an application is gone! (One of
closing any running application is to use the QUIT in FILE in its Menu
Bar.)

Several minutes ago I booted up the system (after doing some testing on
the new HDDs) and found that there were ~90 updates to 13.1 (I always
run 'zypper.....' after booting the system).

All the ~90 updates were done and........guess what? I bet you won't
believe me.... but all the missing "v, '^', x" [Minimise, Maximise,
Close] were *back*!

Nothing was done to the system - except to install these latest updates
(via zypper).

Somebody playing the game of "Silly Buggers"?

It would seem the CIA got wind of you "seeing" their activity on your computer. :-)

--
Ken Schneider
SuSe since Version 5.2, June 1998