Re: [opensuse] Something changed some KDE items which were previously displayed
On 17/09/14 16:36, John M Andersen wrote:
[...]
You are supposed to see the systems settings screen, the same way
you would it that option appeared
on your menu.
Almost all parts of KDE can be launched by commend line, which is
what systemsettings is supposed to do.

Last evening, some 20 hours ago, I did the 'zypper.....' act. There
were quite a number of updates to files.

After I rebooted the system...... the menu to SHUT DOWN, RESTART,
LOCK SCREEN reappeared - and all these options worked! Even Dolphin's
feature of CONVERTing graphic files (eg, from *.png to *.jpg) was
back!

However, there still is no SYSTEM SETTINGS in the Kickoff menu.
[...]

I have no "System Settings" in the kickoff menu, either, but do have
"Configure Desktop".

possibly CIA/NSA/"a stray cosmic particle"/unknown-undiscovered phenomena