Re: [opensuse] Something changed some KDE items which were previously displayed
On 09/15/2014 11:23 PM, Basil Chupin wrote:
The first thing which I noticed was that I can no longer right-click on the
desktop, select
LEAVE>RESTART or SHUT DOWN and have this choice performed. Selecting LEAVE
starts to dim the desktop
but does not bring up the menu where one can select SHUT DOWN etc - all I end
up with is a slightly
dimmed screen. There is no way to either RESTART or SHUT DOWN the computer
using this method.
Clicking on the screen brings it back to its 'original' brightness.

A similar thing occurs when one clicks on KICKOFF and selects LEAVE - one
cannot Shut Down or Restart.

At the moment, the ONLY way (apart from pressing the OFF switch on the
computer box) is to open
TERMINAL, "login" as root and enter 'HALT -P'.

Earlier today I had to go out and, without thinking, did LOCK SCREEN. I could
not 'unlock' the
screen in the normal way; the mouse was active but that was all. The only way
I regained control
over the system was to hit the BIG RED BUTTON :-( .

Did you ever solve this?

Because I am seeing NONE of these symptoms here.
Everything you mention works just fine here with the latest kde upgrades 4.14.0.

Are you logged in as another user and tried it? Maybe some part of your
account's config got hozed.

--
Explain again the part about rm -rf /