Re: [opensuse] Pulse/Alsa compression, equalizer, limiter
On 11 Sep 2014, michael@xxxxxxxx wrote:

And did `sudo service alsasound restart`. Made no change whatsoever in
alsamixer. I expected to see more controls available to me (no love if
I ran it as root either). Suggestions, clues for the clue-impaired?

With this method, you have to hardcode the values in your ALSA comfig
file. However, you should be able to abuse ALSAQUEL[1] to give you a
graphical control. I quote from the webpage:

,----
| Though alsaequal is primarily intended to be used as an equalizer you
| should be able to use it to control any LADSPA plugin. It's similar in
| functionality to the LADSPA plugin provided with ALSA but allows for
| real-time controls as opposed to static controls defined in the asoundrc
| file.
`----

Charles

Footnotes:
[1] http://www.thedigitalmachine.net/alsaequal.html

--
Linux: Because a PC is a terrible thing to waste.
(By komarimf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Mark Komarinski)