Re: [opensuse] Pulse/Alsa compression, equalizer, limiter
On Thu, Sep 11, Charles Philip Chan wrote:
On 10 Sep 2014, michael@xxxxxxxx wrote:

Can anyone point to a 12.3-friendly way to get a compressor and
equalizer going? A limiter if such exists would be great too.

You can use a Ladspa plugin:

http://alsa.opensrc.org/Ladspa_%28plugin%29

For a graphically equalizer, you can use this:

http://www.thedigitalmachine.net/alsaequal.html

which in turn uses Ladspa.

Hmm. I installed the ladspa package via zypper, once I figured out
that it contains a good many of the plugins I might want, then as per
your url above, created the following ~/.asoundrc:

pcm.ladcomp {
type plug
slave.pcm "ladcomp_compressor";
}

pcm.ladcomp_compressor {
type ladspa
slave.pcm "ladcomp_limiter";
path "/usr/lib64/ladspa";
plugins [{
label dysonCompress
input {
#peak limit, release time, fast ratio, ratio
controls [0 1 0.5 0.99]
}
}]
}

pcm.ladcomp_limiter {
type ladspa
slave.pcm "plughw:0,0";
path "/usr/lib64/ladspa";
plugins [{
label fastLookaheadLimiter
input {
#InputGain(Db) -20 -> +20 ; Limit (db) -20 -> 0 ; Release time (s)
0.01 -> 2
controls [ 20 0 0.8 ]
}
}]
}

And did `sudo service alsasound restart`. Made no change whatsoever in
alsamixer. I expected to see more controls available to me (no love if
I ran it as root either). Suggestions, clues for the clue-impaired?

Thanks.

Michael
--
Michael Fischer