Re: [opensuse] Hard Disk Upgrades
On Wednesday 10 of September 2014 15:37:44 John Andersen wrote:
I just went through this with my laptop, which developed bad sectors.
I had an external 2.5" inch enclosure (usb2/3).

Same here, but in my case things were more complicated. The new disk is
512B/4kB (logical/physical sector size) and the old one 512B/512B, and the
external controllers would report 4kB/4kB for the new one, which produced a
corrupted partition table and several other problems when I transferred it
into the laptop. I had to connect the failing disk to a USB adapter and the
new one to the laptop, then copy the files.
--
Regards,
Peter