Re: [opensuse] Interpretation please **THANKS TO ALL**
On 01/09/14 00:33, Basil Chupin wrote:
I just ran smartctl on my 2 drives, sda and sdb, with the following results. Could someone please interpret these results and tell me if there is cause for worry.

[PRUNED]

Thanks to all who provided comments on the results I got from running smartctl on my 2 HDDs.

I reran the tests again on both drives last night and got a DECREASED reading for one (?two) of the results. Go figure.

However, I am replacing both drives this coming weekend to be on the safe side - and will then send the test results to Seagate to get their comments. Depending on what they state, I will either keep the HDDs as backups or "shred" them.

BC

--
Using openSUSE 13.1, KDE 4.14.0 & kernel 3.16.2-1 on a system with-
AMD FX 8-core 3.6/4.2GHz processor