Re: [opensuse] Pulse/Alsa compression, equalizer, limiter
On 11/09/14 05:27, Michael Fischer wrote:
Google has not been my friend on this topic, unless I'm running Ubuntu,
which I am not. I am running openSuSE 12.3.

Can anyone point to a 12.3-friendly way to get a compressor and equalizer
going? A limiter if such exists would be great too.

Preferably one which can be handled via alsamixer or similar, as I do
not generally run the KDE or gnome environments/apps.

I *think* I'm looking for a SuSE 12.3-friendly way of doing:

http://askubuntu.com/questions/31580/is-there-a-way-of-leveling-compressing-the-sound-system-wide

Many thanks.

Michael

Equaliser, compression are functions of a player and nothing to do with alsa or pulseaudio.

Start using VLC. Then, in Tools select Effects and Fillters.

BC

--
Using openSUSE 13.1, KDE 4.14.0 & kernel 3.16.2-1 on a system with-
AMD FX 8-core 3.6/4.2GHz processor