[opensuse] OrgX KDE Mozilla latency
So far I've only noticed this being acute in the Mozilla apps but I'll
experiment with others.

I pretty much live, some days, with email and web browser, those being
Thunderbird and Firefox. This last week or so I've noticed latency
problems

For example, when I click on 'send' or 'spelling' there is a delay of
more than a second before the dialog box comes up. There is no delay
with typing in the composition window or scrolling the message list.

I get a similar effect in Firefox. If it were just Thunderbird I'd
think that Thunderbird(gtk) on KDE on X was having problems creating new
windows and dialog boxes (especially modal ones!), but with firefox
there gets to be latency n scrolling. I don't think its just rendering
as its not simply page or begin/end jumps. Scrolling one line at a time
with the mouse wheel or clicking the arrow on the scroll bar has
latency. And its a 'sometimes' phenomena and that 'sometimes' can apply
to the same page at the same site.

When I use the bottom pane to switch application windows there is no
latency.

And no I'm not running Plasma and yes I am fully up to date

| Alias | Name
1 | KDE_Current | KDE_Current
2 | KDE_Current_Extra | KDE_Current_Extra
3 | Kernel_standard | Kernel_standard
4 | Toganm_Photography | Toganm Photography
5 | X11_Xorg | X11_Xorg
6 | LibreOffice | LibreOffice
7 | Filesystems | BuildService - filesystems
8 | download.opensuse.org-mozilla | BuildService - Mozilla
[snip]

Any ideas why the latency?

--
The only secure computer is one that's unplugged, locked in a safe,
and buried 20 feet under the ground in a secret location... and i'm