Re: [opensuse] Running e2fsck to check ext4 files system
On 2014-09-05 19:04, John Andersen wrote:
On 2014-09-05 13:18, Basil Chupin wrote:

Thank you Carlos, but I do not have a 'rescue usb stick' :-) .

Why on earth not!? :-O

After bed and breakfast, that's the next thing you absolutely must have...

But rescue CDs are so much cheaper, and you won't be tempted to use them
in a pinch to store pictures of the grand kids on. I keep two different
varieties of rescue CDs: 1 under my pillow, and one near my box of cereal.

LOL, yes, you can't reuse a CD. However, the openSUSE 13.1 rescue image
(XFCE) on a USB stick can save files, configs, and you can even install
some new packages on it. Ie, you can customize the rescue image, and use
it for almost actual work in a pinch :-)

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
(from 13.1 x86_64 "Bottle" at Telcontar)