Re: [opensuse] When connecting to my own dovecot server, Alpine complains that it is using self-signed certificates.
On Sun, Aug 31, 2014 at 9:53 AM, Carlos E. R. <carlos.e.r@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi,

When connecting to my own dovecot server, Alpine complains that it is using
self-signed certificates. Yes, I know about the /novalidate-cert/ option in
Alpine, but I have to type it on every single folder used anywhere: config,
rules, etc. And I forget some.

I wonder if I could configure somewhere that my self-signed certificate is
correct, signed by me, that I'm a valid authority to sign certificates
inside my network.

My certificate is here:

Telcontar:~ # mc /etc/ssl/certs/

Telcontar:/etc/ssl/certs # l | grep dove
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 11 Jun 17 00:37 895d2550.0 -> dovecot.pem
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 11 Jun 17 00:37 906230b5.0 -> dovecot.pem
- -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 1058 Jun 15 2013 dovecot.pem

and here:

Telcontar:/etc/ssl/private # l
total 12
drwx------ 2 root root 4096 Aug 13 19:33 ./
drwxr-xr-x 6 root root 4096 Aug 13 19:33 ../
- -rw------- 1 root root 916 Jun 15 2013 dovecot.pem
Telcontar:/etc/ssl/private #

Do I need something else?

/etc/ssl/certs is depreciated and your CA certs should be placed into
/etc/pki/trust/anchors, this may be why Alpine doesn't recognize the
certificate. After placing the cert in /etc/pki/trust/anchors run
"sudo update-ca-certificates" to update the certificate stores and
rebuild the hashes.