Re: [opensuse] When connecting to my own dovecot server, Alpine complains that it is using self-signed certificates.
On 2014-09-01 16:59, Per Jessen wrote:
Carlos E. R. wrote:

Once you have established yourself as a CA, you then act like one.
With your user hat on, you create a certificate and a signing request
and send it to your CA, i.e. yourself.

I thought that might be so, but no idea how to do that :-?

Create a root CA:

No, no. That part is already done, from YaST.

What I need now is to create a "Certificate Signing Request" from the
already existing dovecot server certificate, or create a new dovecot
certificate together with the corresponding CSR.

That's is, the user hat part.

I'm looking into that now.

YaST does a lot of things with these certificates, but this is NOT
documented.

I have found the documentation in paper for SLES, though. Expensive paper.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
(from 13.1 x86_64 "Bottle" at Telcontar)