Re: [opensuse] Backup .. restore ... access/ownership
On 2014-03-30 16:27, jdd wrote:
Le 30/03/2014 16:22, Carlos E. R. a écrit :

It can verify the copy,

is this default, I don't understand the manpage?

No, not default.

The default is only to verify the timestamp, size, permissions... I use
"--checksum", IIRC the option.

And it is CPU intensive and slow. I'm unsure of the performance
implications if done over a remote source, which can be via ssh or via
rsync daemon.

If you are using XFS partitions, there are very fast applications for
backup/restore. You can either dump an image, or a file copy. Speed is
impressive, but there is no verification. What I do then is use xfs
tools to do the initial copy, then an rsync verification run.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
(from 13.1 x86_64 "Bottle" at Telcontar)