Re: [opensuse] Backup .. restore ... access/ownership
On 2014-03-30 14:57, Carl Hartung wrote:

Carlos' test example illustrates this point perfectly. He took specific
steps to preserve the original attributes. When the CD/DVD is
subsequently mounted and read, those attributes are present and
respected.

If you look at the strange filenames I used, that's because each of them
tests one of the backup options in k3b. There is a list of options, like
"allow ~ in name", etc (that correspond to options in mkisofs), and I
wanted to find out what happened. As a matter of fact, I did not
activate any of those options, yet the files were correctly copied. I'm
not sure why.

Interestingly, k3b initially refused to do the burn because all files
had zero bytes. I had to add one file with some bytes before it accepted
to proceed.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
(from 13.1 x86_64 "Bottle" at Telcontar)

< Previous Next >