Re: [opensuse] Looking for a change.
On Sat, 29 Mar 2014 19:40:06 -0500
c. marlow wrote:

hi folks new here!

I am currently running Kubuntu 12.04 since nov, I am kind of looking
for a change from the Buntus. Been running something buntu ( meaning
xubuntu, kubuntu,) for a couple years now. I just feel like I am
ready to try to learn something a bit harder.

But I have one friend telling me SUSE and I am wanting to try Fedora.
is one easier than the other to learn coming from the buntus?

Thanks,
Christopher

Hi Christopher, and welcome!

Listen to your friend. :-) Really. I just got through evaluating
several of the top / most popular distributions (for like the dozenth
time) and I chose to continue using [was SuSE, then SUSE, now openSUSE]
and I upgraded to 12.3 (this was just before 13.1 was released.)

In my personal opinion, you won't find a more capable or adaptable
distribution out there, or one that has as solid a leadership team or
community.

Just my 2 cents & regards,

Carl