[opensuse] Re: progs failing due dbus dependency additions
Carlos E. R. wrote:
Urarg!

But it exits to the command line before displaying anything.

Not here.

This is what I get:
I am getting a bit farther, but I still get a connection timeout.

Could you tell me what you get when you type:
echo $DBUS_SESSION_BUS_{ADDRESS,{P,WINDOW}ID}$'\n'

in the local client before 'ssh', and then the same on
the remote client.

In my case, I have:
law.Bliss> echo $DBUS_SESSION_BUS_{ADDRESS,{P,WINDOW}ID}$'\n'
tcp:host=Athenae.hs.tlinx.org,port=47000,guid=94e7aeae46abdf95e9562eea53362166
1808
12582913
law.Bliss> ssh ishtar
Ishtar:law> echo $DBUS_SESSION_BUS_{ADDRESS,{P,WINDOW}ID}$'\n'
tcp:host=Athenae.hs.tlinx.org,port=47000,guid=94e7aeae46abdf95e9562eea53362166
1808
12582913
i.e. -- they show the same.
But in the console, I see:
(minus the python tracebacks)
(meld:8431): GConf-WARNING **: Client failed to connect to the D-BUS daemon:
Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken.
dbus.exceptions.DBusException: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NoReply: Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired,
or the network connection was broken.

Over the network (wireshark), I saw ishtar (the remote sys)
send
'AUTH EXTERNAL 35303133\r\n'
and the local client responded:
REJECTED EXTERNAL DBUS_COOKIE_SHA1 ANONYMOUS\r\n'

So they are "talking" and saying they won't talk... oy.