Re: [opensuse] Backup .. restore ... access/ownership
On 2014-03-29 03:44, Ken Schneider - openSUSE wrote:
On 03/28/2014 10:28 PM, Carl Hartung pecked at the keyboard and wrote:

I agree with Carl, if you did your backup on a file by file basis that
you have lost all of the file attributes. I always create a tar file of
the filesystem and then backup the tar file to DVD, that way you don't
lose the attributes.

Wait. You can keep all Linux filesystem attributes on a cdrom, if you
use the appropriate options.

You need to activate the Rock Ridge extensions, not Joliet (or both).

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
(from 13.1 x86_64 "Bottle" at Telcontar)

< Previous Next >