Re: [opensuse] Advice needed re getting setting right for new monitor
On 03/26/2014 01:24 PM, Doug wrote:

On 03/26/2014 12:02 PM, James Knott wrote:
Basil Chupin wrote:
Now, I could have bought a 30" monitor but considered it to be a bit
"over the top" as I would have to sit half a room away from it or else
get an automatic head-mover to be view the screen from right to left
when reading mail :-D .
Several years ago, I was setting up some computers and some of those
were equipped with 27" CRT monitors!!! Those monitors took up most of
the desk space. I currently have a 23" wide screen monitor, which is
plenty big enough. My first monitor was a 9" security monitor connected
to my Imsai 8080.
I worked as an engineer, and the folks who did pc layouts used
27" monitors--the largest that were available at the time. When
doing this kind of work, it helps to be able to see a lot of the
periphery of the design all at once. I suspect that architects
would also benefit from large monitors.

Nothing beats screen real estate!

My current drool-over item is the 12" tablet from Samsung.
Never mind that it won't fit in my jacket pocket ...

Seriously, though: have you considered mounting the monitor in Page Mode. That works great with a pair of them side by side.

Lets face it, Page Mode is a natural; our documents work that way and its a more natural way to read web pages.

--
There is no castle so strong that it cannot be overthrown by money.
-- Cicero