Re: [opensuse] Last update of lightdm and shown users
On 2014-03-28 02:24, Carl Hartung wrote:
On Thu, 27 Mar 2014 12:54:06 +0100
Carlos E. R. wrote:

Why have I not heard of these two little gems until now, Carlos? What
are you reading that I'm missing? :-)

X-)

This combination certainly seems a little faster than what I'm used to
and it is definitely more convenient. Meld has a pretty groovy launcher
icon, too, for the GUI. Thank you very much for sharing!

I know of "rcrpmconfigcheck" since years ago, perhaps a decade. When you
boot on text mode after a system upgrade you see it run automatically
and take a long time about it. It delays boot for a minute or two. Or
maybe somebody told me about it.

And meld I found out recently, a year or two ago. Somebody mentioned it
and I found it wonderful for this task.

I recently upgraded an LXDE machine; I wanted to use meld, so I
installed enough of KDE deps to be able to use it...

Previously I used diff in parallel columns, combined with visual inspection.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
(from 13.1 x86_64 "Bottle" at Telcontar)