Re: [opensuse] Remote control
On 2014-03-24 18:16, Patrick Shanahan wrote:
* Carlos E. R. <> [03-24-14 13:01]:
On 2014-03-24 16:17, Patrick Shanahan wrote:
* Carlos E. R. <> [03-24-14 10:27]:

There is a nice ssh client for Windows that includes an X server, so
that it works transparently, a single package and very easy to install.
Try "MobaXterm". And it is GPL :-)

Appears restrictions on the "free" edition are rather impressive
max run-time tftp service 60s
max run-time ftp service 60s
max run-time http service 60s

Tightvnc does not have these restrictions and is quite easy to set-up.

Huh? Where did you see those restrictions? I haven't noticed. Of course,
I don't need to connect from windows often...

http://mobaxterm.mobatek.net/download.html

Curious! The wikipedia said it was GPL.

In any case, the times I have used that program I did not use those
services, which is probably why I did not notice. For transferring files
to/from Windows I use another one, winscp I think it is. I don't have
Windows running at the moment to look it up and verify.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
(from 13.1 x86_64 "Bottle" at Telcontar)

< Previous Next >