Re: [opensuse] Remote control
* Carlos E. R. <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [03-24-14 10:27]:
On 2014-03-24 13:08, James Knott wrote:
Andrew English wrote:
Will be remoting from an Windows machine either locally or over the
internet. So there has to be a Windows client/viewer available.

There are Windows X servers available. I used to use one, but don't
recall it's name at the moment. Unfortunately with XDMCP broken in
openSUSE, I don't know how useful they'd be now.

There is a nice ssh client for Windows that includes an X server, so
that it works transparently, a single package and very easy to install.
Try "MobaXterm". And it is GPL :-)

Appears restrictions on the "free" edition are rather impressive
max run-time tftp service 60s
max run-time ftp service 60s
max run-time http service 60s

Tightvnc does not have these restrictions and is quite easy to set-up.