Re: [opensuse] Moving / and /boot partitions
Felix Miata wrote:
Astute question, but SATA probably is on his motherboard, unless it
was rather old when "new". SATA started showing up on motherboards
about 11 years ago. I even have one supporting SATA onboard that runs
an ancient Sempron Socket A/462. http://www.biostar-usa.com

The mom board has built in SATA. I bought it about 8 years ago. It has
a single core AMD 64 bit CPU with hyperthreading. On Saturday, a friend
gave me an ASUS P8H67-M LX motherboard and I bought a 4 core Intel CPU &
8 GB of memory for it. I also picked up an IDE adapter for the new
board, so I can continue to use my current DVD drives. Apparently SATA
DVD drives in beige are somewhat scarce.