Re: [opensuse] public_html security
El 23/03/14 22:04, Ted Byers escribió:

What is PHP FPM.

Esentially is a modern version of php-fastcgi

and, if I were to create a PHP CGI script, why would I
use it (and would I write that code differently than what I ought to do
using only PHP with the Apache module)?

You do not need to write different code..in principle :-)

Why use it..well..where I start..

- It is probably the only thing developers are using and paying attention to.

- It allows you more fine granted control of what the scripts can do.

- It runs in a memory space separate from the webserver. this is important. if you can compromise the interpreter due to a bug when running as an apache module, you can as well take control of everything running on the apache installation, load nasty modules, alter the webserver process.. oh boy.

- It can be integrated with systemd and do all sorts of cool stuff --> https://wiki.php.net/rfc/socketactivation