Re: [opensuse] Re: Post to opensuse@xxxxxxxxxxxx denied---stupid rules R US
On 2014-03-23 23:21, Anton Aylward wrote:

Perhaps its a problem with the mail reader you use but with Thunderbird
in plain text mode *bold* and _underlined_ mark-up is possible.

No, not a problem. But it is not universal. And it interferes with the
text of the message, because the client can:

display bold with the asterisks
display bold hiding the asterisks
do neither, ie, display plain with the asterisks in view
display bold when the intention is an asterisk as wildchar...

Some of us are even capable of recognising things like <b>bold</bold> as
well :-)

All those are workarounds to not being able to simply mark text as bold.

I don't say I like html; it can triple the size of emails. But some
times I simply would like to have more formatting features available in
email, without tricks.

And the only universal standard for that, in email, is html.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
(from 13.1 x86_64 "Bottle" at Telcontar)

< Previous Next >