Re: [opensuse] Re: Post to opensuse@xxxxxxxxxxxx denied---stupid rules R US
On 23/03/14 02:54 PM, Carlos E. R. wrote:
It is not only colour or big fonts. You can have paragraphs with plain
bold headers, or underlined words. This is a resource that we had with
the plain typewriters of a century ago - I know because I used those
things quite a bit. We can not even do that with pain text email >:-)

Yes, text formatting can be abused, but not having any at all is absurd.
It is even more restrictive than typewriters!

Perhaps its a problem with the mail reader you use but with Thunderbird in plain text mode *bold* and _underlined_ mark-up is possible.

Some of us are even capable of recognising things like <b>bold</bold> as well :-)

--
The future is taking shape now in our own beliefs and in the courage of our leaders. Ideas and leadership -- not natural or social 'forces' -- are the prime movers in human affairs.
- George Roche, A World Without Heroes