Re: [opensuse] Re: Post to opensuse@xxxxxxxxxxxx denied---stupid rules R US
В Sun, 23 Mar 2014 15:15:28 +0100
"Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> пишет:

On 2014-03-23 05:01, David Haller wrote:
Hello,

On Sun, 23 Mar 2014, Carlos E. R. wrote:
As for my preferences, I would use nntp instead, not email, nor
forums.

What's the difference as you're using Thunderbird/Seamonkey for mail?
What do you use for NNTP?

No, I mean that IMO the best group communication method would be nntp,
not email, because it does not require subscribing. You can not get full
mail boxes, and you can go back in history and see posts written years
ago, way before you "subscribe".

Only if someone keeps archive. NNTP was not really designed for it -
news servers keep limited amount of recent articles and usually expunge
articles that expire.

So at the end it depends on good will of server maintainer whether you
will find posts written years ago.