Re: [opensuse] Moving / and /boot partitions
В Sun, 23 Mar 2014 08:19:22 -0400
James Knott <james.knott@xxxxxxxxxx> пишет:

In preperation for a new motherboard, I'm moving my system from a pair
of IDE drives to a SATA drive. I have copied all the partitions by
using cp -a to the new drive. However I cannot get the system to boot
with / and /boot on the new system. I have tried various things
including the Yast Boot Loader and grub2-mkconfig, but can't seem to get
the new partitions to work. While I realize I could just reinstall to
the new drive, I'd prefer to move the existing system over.

Do you want to install grub2 in MBR or on partition?

BTW, with the original Grub, it was possible to have descriptive titles
in the boot menu, so that you knew what you were booting. Why isn't
this possible with Grub2. Even in the advanced menu, I only see 4
entries with identical titles.