Re: [opensuse] HEADS UP! for the adventurous
On 22/03/14 17:54, David Haller wrote:
Hello,

On Sat, 22 Mar 2014, Basil Chupin wrote:
The installation went fine until it came to the first "reboot your
computer" which is when the wheels fell off :-( . The reboot saw that
there were multiple systems installed and.....went braindead and
decided that it couldn't boot into any and so the whole lot defaulted
to the laptop's built-in boot procedure (which knows nothing). Now I
cannot boot into my existing 13.1 and, of course, 13.2 is not visible
to complete the installation.
What do you use as bootmanager? Is it a BIOS or EFI? Grub1, grub2, ...?

What errors do you get?

EFI is switched off so it is the BIOS which controls the boot process. I only use Grub2.

And the error I get is, "Multiple active partitions" after which the only way out is to reboot the laptop (or press and hold the ON button).

BC

--
A civilisation is judged by how it treats the most vulnerable.

Lauren Smith - 30 January 2014