Re: [opensuse] Remote control
On 2014-03-22 21:57, James Knott wrote:
Carlos E. R. wrote:
Why should it be necessary to use 3rd party software to accomplish what
has been standard with Unix & Linux since the dark ages?
Well, Teamviewer is multiplatform, for instance. And it is easy to
connect to destinations without fixed IPs, or across routers, AFAIK.

Well, that may be, but it doesn't answer the question of why it's
suddenly necessary to use 3rd party software, when it wasn't before.
This is something that used to work well, but hasn't worked since 11.4.

I never said it is necessary. I don't know if it is. I assume that
opensource alternatives exist and work. vnc, perhaps?

I just say that it is an interesting alternative with some advantages.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
(from 13.1 x86_64 "Bottle" at Telcontar)

< Previous Next >