Re: [opensuse] displaying systemd startup order?
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2014 20:21:20 +0100
Cristian Rodríguez wrote:

El 19/03/14 07:50, Per Jessen escribió:
Related to my question "How do I make systemd wait for iscsi to start
before attempting to mount iscsi-based filesystems?", I've been
looking
at the systemd startup order. What exactly does "systemctl --order"
show - the status quo or what will happen on the next start-up?

systemd-analyze --order do you mean I guess.. ? will show in what
order the service manager has started units till now, in the *current
boot*.

Startup is heavily parallelized and dynamic, it cannot tell you in
what order the next startup will be.

Is there some way of simulating a startup then? Trying to fix this
issue with mount not waiting for iscsi seems like a lot of
trial-and-error, and having restart the box all the time.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (9.2°C)